9. Spoofing a TV ad for a prescription sleep aid, Will Ferrell is awakened by a ghostly butterfly hovering over his bed, which
ultimately scares him into jumping from his bedroom window. What drug inspired the spoof?
10. In 2009, two acting members of the House of Representatives introduced legislation to ban erectile dysfunction ads on TV between
the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. Are the two congressmen Republicans or Democrats?
11. In what year did attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) first show up in the American Psychiatric Association's
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders?
12. REM just broke up after 30 years together. What drug is a major part of the chorus in their hit song "What's the frequency, Kenneth?"
13. What actor is the voice of the bee in the TV ad for Nasonex?
a) Antonio Banderas
b) Javier Bardem
c) Rodrigo Santoro
d) Telly Savalas
Answers: 1) a; 2) d; 3) "Infinite Jest"; 4) Drugstore Cowboy; 5) b; 6) e; 7) c; 8) c; 9) d; 10) Reps. James Moran (VA) and Robert Brady (PA) are Democrats; 11) c; 12) b; 13) a