Head of the Publications and Multimedia DepartmentVacancy notice: e45/2011
We are looking for a dynamic manager to manage and develop the EDQM’s publications and information and Communications Technology (ICT) activities in a changing pharmaceutical environment. Our ideal candidate will have a degree in pharmaceutical, chemical or biological sciences, extensive professional and management experience in an international context in the pharmaceutical or comparable industry or a relevant government or international organization and in delivering ICT services. He/She will also have excellent communication and linguistics skills. If you feel that you are at the stage of your career where you have proved your worth in both the pharmaceutical and ICT fields and now really want to make a real difference in an important and high impact organisation we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will provide leadership to the EDQM Publications and Multimedia Department (DPM), motivating staff to implement effective and efficient processes, procedures and a results-oriented organisation in delivering the following:
- leading the EDQM’s publishing section in managing and planning all stages involved in the realisation of publications that are scientifically sound and published in faultless quality and within pre-defined timelines for various printed and electronic publications of the EDQM notably the European Pharmacopoeia, the texts of which are legally binding in the Member States of the Convention on the elaboration of a European Pharmacopoeia, Pharmeuropa and Pharmeuropa Bio & Scientific Notes as well as all other publications related to EDQM’s activities;
- co-ordinating the work of scientific staff and experts to prepare chapters and monographs of the European Pharmacopoeia ensuring synergies between DPM and the European Pharmacopoeia Department for the final preparation of scientific texts;
- leading the ICT Division formulating and developing the EDQM’s ICT strategy and roadmap, in line with the overall Council of Europe strategy, ensuring all ICT support activities are aligned to business needs, targets and strategy; in the delivery of a first class service to both internal and/or external clients that meets both current and evolving needs and at the same time ensuring that best practice is followed;
- Contribution to the promotion of the EDQM’s activities in providing support to users by participating in scientific conferences, training courses and preparing scientific contributions, e.g. articles, presentations and posters, for relevant scientific journals, in collaboration with the other services involved in the publication of results of scientific studies.
- ensuring EDQM representation in European and international working groups on controlled terms related to medicinal products, e.g. at the level of the International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for the registration of Human Medicines (ICH) and the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO).
Further information is available at www.coe-recruitment.com. Applications must be made online by connecting to above website. Applications must be submitted by 21 March 2011 (midnight French time) at the latest.